We (Sen, Syeera & Diyana) watched this movie yesterday at GSC Alamanda. Ok...i admit..i don't actually watch Malaysian Movies at cinema(s) except for movies by Yasmin & Deepak. So...yesterday we went for this movie.
“I’m Not Single” tells of a young couple Maya (Lisa Surihani) and Adam (Farid Kamil) who loathe each other because they are forced into an arranged marriage by their parents. Maya’s ailing grandmother wants her to marry as soon as possible despite the fact that she already has a steady boyfriend, Dani (Awal Ashaari). Dani and Maya love each other and had even planned to marry previously. With the arranged marriage looming closer, Dani has to try and figure out how to stop it from taking Maya away from him forever."This movie applies to those who enjoy romantic comedy.
Here's our review :-
1) Indera Che Muda, who helmed the cinematography aspect did a good job with the angle and shots;
2) It was funny (good for de-stressing)
3) Lily's costume - nice
4) Good location
1) The story starts with narations by Lily through photographs in an album. So...there's nothing mentioned about an ailing grandmother's wish for them to get married (and the grandma ain't that sick) ehem..just that her parents forced her to get married;
2) Like most Malaysian film...i couldn't find some realism / logic in this movie.The salesman can end up at Frasers Hill from the previous scene at the parents bungalow...? Hmmmm, how's that possible...when they were walking ? Hmmmmm.... Why did Dani left his key at his motorbike? Hmmmm...
3) The flashback plot is repeating. Dani was saying the same thing to Maya the same one that Adam told to him? Hope they do it diffrently (ever watch My Girl korean drama - the confession part by Yoo Rin & Gong Chan- beautifully done?)
4) This movie is for adults. Kids plizz....- not suitable to watch
All in all..if you're planning to go for a movie to de-stress...watch this. But if you're not..go for other movies. I am NOT against Malaysian made movies but I look for quality, realism and pragmatism. But then again, this movie only applies to those who enjoy romantic comedy, particularly the ones that resemble the Hollywood mould. For this kind of audience, you would definitely enjoy it & laugh your heart out !